Patron Agreement - Updated December 2, 2019 -
- Definitions -
Artist: The individual producing the Artwork ("Brittany Salay").
Artwork: The images created by the Artist that the Patron views or downloads on the Website per the Patron Agreement.
Client: An individual purchasing a Commission.
Commission(s): The form of service provided by the Artist to the Client per the Commission Agreement.
Fan Art: Artwork created by the Artist at the request of a User in the $10 "O.C. Tier" Reward Tier of a well-known, pre-existing, copyrighted character existing in popular media, for the purpose of personal admiration and appreciation by the Patron.
Original Character(s): Characters created and owned by either the Artist or User.
Patron: The individual in the $1 "Become a Patron" Reward Tier, $2 "NSFW Tier" Reward Tier, $5 "Download Tier" Reward Tier, $10 "O.C. Tier" Reward Tier, or $15 "Biggest Fans" Reward Tier downloading Hey Salay content on Patreon.
Personal Space: Non-public, offline locations (e.g., home or office); i.e., no business involving the Artwork is being conducted.
Profile(s): Online locations where the commission may be displayed (e.g., "galleries," such as www.heysalay.com, Facebook and Instagram Albums, DeviantART.com, Tumblr.com, etc). "Profile(s)" do not include any sites that display hateful or racist imagery, illegal activities, or sites known to display, reproduce, and/or sell works without crediting the Artist.
Public Space: Offline locations that do not fall under "Personal Space" above.
Patron Agreement: The agreement between the Artist and Patron, in which the Patron agrees to the Patron Agreement by downloading images from Patreon.
User: See "Patron" above.
Website: Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/HeySalay) and all content and links within the Hey Salay Patreon.
- Terms of Service -
1. The User may not display the Artwork outside of Personal Space or in a Public Space.
2. The User may not display the Artwork online without the Artist's expressed, written permission.
2a. The User may not distribute, reproduce, or otherwise profit from the Artwork on the Website.
2b. The User may not edit, alter, or trace the Artwork.
2c. The User may color a black and white image (e.g., coloring pages, mandalas, bases) and post to a Profile but must credit the Artist for the line art, link back to Hey Salay, and keep the Artist's copyright and/or signature in the image.
3. The User retains all rights to their Original Character(s) that may be drawn by the Artist for Patrons in the $10 "O.C. Tier" Reward Tier and the $15 "Biggest Fans" Reward Tier.
3a. The User may display Artwork created of their Original Character on a Profile or in a Personal Space but must credit the Artist for the Artwork, link back to Hey Salay on Profile posts, and keep the Artist's copyright and/or signature in the image.
3b. Any Patron pledging to the $10 "O.C. Tier" Reward Tier must follow all existing copyright laws when requesting Fan Art from the Artist.
3c. The User may display Fan Art on a Profile or Personal Space, but the User must credit the Artist for the Artwork, credit the owner of the character, link back to Hey Salay on Profile posts, and keep the Artist's copyright and/or signature in the image.
4. The User may become a Client and enter into a Commission Agreement to purchase Commission(s) from the Artist.
4a. The User may not enter into a Commission Agreement in an attempt to use Artwork on the Website for profit or non-profit.
5. When the Patron no longer pledges to the Hey Salay Patreon, they are still bound by these Terms as long as they are in possession of Artwork or Fan Art.
6. The Artist has the right to pursue damages under United States Copyright Law, should there exist a violation in addition to a breach of these Terms of Service.